Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Numbers Game

I was up and running at 4 AM this morning and arrived in central Illinois an hour before my deadline. The unloading went quickly and I moved off to a local truck stop where I enjoyed some fast food for a change.

The satellite unit had new orders when I returned to the truck, to high tail it over to a small town in Indiana and pick up a "high priority, JIT (Just In Time)" load and take it up to Wisconsin. Unfortunately, the folks in the rear with the gear at HQ managed to mess up the load number the shipper needed in order to get me loaded and it wasted hours of my time straightening everything out and departing. I made it up to Gary, Indiana for the night and will be up extra early tomorrow to make it up to my delivery.

I had wanted to be back in Joplin for this Saturday's CFI Safety Meeting but as it stands now I am preplanned tomorrow for a load going from another town in Wisconsin to Atoka, Oklahoma on relay for an early Saturday delivery time. The way my available hours are structured will mean if I end up running that load I will be out of hours there, about six hours south of Joplin and on my break time until late that afternoon.