Thursday, August 23, 2007

Nice day for a drive

This morning I left central Missouri and made my way through St Louis and up through Illinois to just inside Wisconsin where I fueled and parked at the Pilot in Beloit. This particular Pilot is one of the more screwed up ones, as far as parking goes. The parking lot is set up in the shape of a "U" with an entry point for the fuel island and the other end being the exit.

Among the problems at this particular location is the fact that the entryway to the fuel island has a sidewalk that runs wayyyy too far down the entrance so making it in is difficult, at least if you want the pumps closest to the main building. Worse, people enter from the exit ramp to avoid the backlog at the pumps which causes delays. Worst, anyone backing in to almost any slot at the entire truck stop brings traffic to a halt.

The only reason I use this particular pilot is because there is a Walmart down the block and I needed to pick up a few things I forgot to get on the truck when I was in Joplin yesterday.

Tomorrow I deliver at two job sites (translation: places being built, usually) which is always an adventure.