Friday, July 27, 2007

The Ultimate Mother of All Loads

Eventually the planners at CFI HQ came to their senses and got me a load, and boy is it a doozy! I pick up about 80 miles south of where I am, back in Connecticut, then head west for a whopping 1,100 miles to Wisconsin. Better yet, I not only have adequate time to do it in, I have an impressive five days to do it in! Better yet, after I drop in De Forest, WI I get to run over to Fort Wayne, IN for a second drop, heading back through the all-so-fun Chicago traffic.

Be still, my heart.

It turns out this is a load of copper tubing from the Phelps Dodge folks who run the mine wayyyy up in the Colorado Rockies I picked up from late last winter. When I picked up this morning I had lots of fun helping brace the copper coils with 2x4's nailed into the floor of my trailer, as is customary with this type of load. I wasn't paid anything to do this work; CFI considers it part of our workout regimen I suppose.