Thursday, July 26, 2007

Shut down in Connecticut

My GPS unit disagreed with Google Maps on the best route to my consignee, so I flipped a coin and chose my Garmin. Glad I did, in retrospect, as I lost a headlight on the way and there were two T/A truck stops along the more southern route I followed. The repair garage is backed up with at least a dozen trucks so I parked nearby and hopefully can get them to come out and fix the light late tonight while I sleep.

I-84 in Pennsylvania has the most amazing series of construction bottlenecks yet witnessed by this writer. Every 5-10 miles traffic is funneled into one lane for a mile or three then its opened back up again. So they can do bridge work, apparently. I hope to not be leaving the northeast via that route.

I'm 105 miles from my drop in Massachusetts for tomorrow at 8 AM local time. I will be out of here by 4 AM local and will hopefully be the first truck on the dock there when the Good Humor folks put in an appearance.