Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Another day, another Conway

I was dispatched to the Santa Fe Springs, CA Conway yard yesterday to take a load out at 10 AM local time this morning up to Dunnigan, CA which is just north of Sacramento. They wanted it there (441 miles north) in just eight hours, in a state that limits my legal speed to 55 MPH. Do the math on a scratch piece of paper then keep reading.

Anyway, they managed to load the trailer by 5 AM and I grabbed it then and boogied without stopping for anything. I made it to Dunnigan this afternoon at 1:10 PM local time, or eight hours and ten minutes later. This was with light traffic, no accidents along the way, good weather, etc. The timing on certain Conway loads sucks and CFI needs to adjust the deliveries if they originate or are bound for 55 MPH states, in my opinion.