Monday, June 25, 2007

When it rains... its slick

I made it to Laredo this afternoon around 2 PM. Was able to bypass the inspection bay entirely since I had no trailer to inspect! The weather from the Dallas area and south was very rainy in spots.

Blaze isn't doing so well so we paid a visit to a vet in Memphis on Sunday morning. My vet in California had suggested that I be taught how to give Blaze subcutaneous fluids and Dr. Williams in Memphis was more than happy to oblige. He has 17 (!) cats of his own so he knows a thing or two about the species.

I left the animal hospital with a box of medications, two large bags of Lactated Ringer IV fluid plus various other things. Tonight I made the first try at giving her 150cc of fluid. About 100 left the bag and about a third of that sprayed everywhere as she made her getaway from the cold liquid. Will try to do better tomorrow.

In the morning I'm off to El Paso with a very heavy load that is heading out to Buena Vista, CA with another driver.