Saturday, June 2, 2007

In Joplin for some time off

Minutes after I dropped the last load in Roanoak, TX and pulled an empty trailer out of their facility the Mobile Max unit went off telling me I have a new trip. From Roanoak, TX to Joplin, MO. From the same facility I just delivered at! So I turned around, went back and checked in the empty and grabbed a loaded trailer of "high value" cargo and moseyed down the road to Joplin.

Upon arrival the tractor was sent to the shop for routine maintenance (and to replace the windshield smearers AKA wipers) and I picked up a rental car and got myself situated in a room over at the Holiday Inn that CFI uses.

I'm taking off six days, returning to work the morning of the 8th of June. I will spend this weekend seeing the relations, relaxing in the hotel and taking care of various things then return to the truck for a few days before I head out again.