Monday, June 11, 2007

Hot, windy and dusty

That is the forecast for Arizona, I think. It was cloudy this morning early on but eventually the clouds went away and the temperatures moved up past 100 degrees. I got to the first delivery about 90 minutes early and it turns out they open on time, every time.

The paperwork indicated I had to help with the unload so I did -- it wasn't too much effort, as there were only 11 boxes and they weren't individually heavy. The entire remaining part of the trailer was filled with many more boxes, sofas and other kinds of furniture which I would also get to help unload.

I drove up to Phoenix and made good time, only to have to wait for another couple hours while the warehouse folks tidied up. Eventually, lunch time was over and I got waved in. Nice big open dock and it took me four pull-ups to finally get it in place for some reason.

Eventually the trailer was empty and I collected the paperwork and shoved off. Within 15 minutes I got a dispatch to nearby Tempe to pick up tomorrow and run a load out to Sacramento, California for the day after. Lots of special notes on the load, and I get to unload the stuff with an electric pallet jack all by my lonesome, too.

Blaze seems to be back to normal. She hasn't puked since just after we got back into the truck at the vets office. On the other hand, even though the pills she has to take every 8 hours are very tiny (very small pills quartered) I haven't been able to sneak one by in the middle of a treatsie yet. Rebellious teens.