Saturday, May 12, 2007

Smartest bird EVER!

After I parked last night I went inside the mom and pop truck stop to use the facilities and when I got back there was this bird fluttering around the grill of my truck. It wasn't a hummingbird -- it had a difficult time staying in one spot -- but it was VERY determined.

At first I thought maybe its wing or foot was caught in the grill, but as I walked closer and got a better look I was amazed to see that it was flying freely... and dining on the Grill Kill from my radiator! Small (and large) bugs were smooshed up against the grill and this bird was methodically picking them out and gobbling them up!

I didn't have my camera with me at the time so I don't have a picture of this guy in action, but here he is... if you live near Sanderson, TX and you see him hanging out give him an equation to solve or something!