Monday, May 21, 2007

Herds of cows in Los Angeles?

Believe it or not, there are large herds of cows in the greater LA area. After dropping off my load this morning in Mira Loma I was sent about eight miles to Chino and passed several ranches with large numbers of cows and a certain, shall I say, dairy air.

The pickup is for the Michaels department store chain and is set to deliver in three locations in the greater Dallas area on Thursday. I can make it out there by Wednesday morning and I'm hoping I can talk my fleet manager into having me hand off the load to a local driver to spend HIS day on Thursday offloading at the three stores, instead of me wasting my day doing this.

Early morning traffic to Chino was a cinch. Slightly later traffic attempting to flee LA was a nightmare. Eventually made it to the welcoming lanes of I-10 in a drizzle that didn't let up until the Palm Springs area.

Ended the day in Eloy, AZ at the Petro. I was going to stay at the Pilot but I've been there before and figured I would try something different. Like the Chipotle Bacon burger I had last night. Didn't make much of an impression on me.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention, the place in Chino that I picked up the (loaded) trailer at had very, very tight spaces for them. I had to back under another trailer, put it into a different spot, then come back and grab the one I was after. First time I've had to do that.