Thursday, May 3, 2007

Edgarton, OH for dropoff

Got up this morning, a bit later than usual, and headed out the last 180 miles to my delivery in Edgarton, OH. This was at a rundown Fleetwood RV manufacturing facility with an interesting outdoors dock -- that's right, no overhead cover at all. Must be interesting when the snow is coming down. Turns out the load was in two parts and the second part had to be taken about two miles away to a different warehouse for storage.

View all Edgarton, OH pics


After unloading I parked and waited... and waited... I even sent a satellite message to my fleet manager to make sure I was on the board. I was so far out in the sticks I barely had cell phone coverage, and no internet.

Finally, I got a 105 mile deadhead to a service plaza along the I-80/I-90 Ohio turnpike for a Conway relay load to Albany, NY. I will leave around 2 PM ET and arrive around midnight, if all goes well. Of course, it will be a Friday afternoon and evening travel time so who knows.

Saw a flight of three birds take off from the side of the road about a football field in front of me. Two of the three birds dodged a SUV, while the third decided it had had enough of this cruel world and did a dive bomb into its grill. Pieces of bird littered the road as I went past moments later.