Friday, May 25, 2007

Early morning run to Kansas City, 525 miles

There was a super hot-hot load of rear view mirrors for Ford SUVs that CFI picked up in Laredo yesterday and just had to be in Kansas City, Missouri ASAP. Another solo driver brought it up to Lancaster and I was ordered to shoot it on up to KC. No problemo.

Woke up at 2:30, was out of the yard by 3:00 AM and arrived here at the consignee at 1:00 PM. I even took an hour nap down in Oklahoma when I was feeling a bit tired.

I saw the most perfect picture taking opportunity EVER on the way up here. It may last a few days and if I go back down that way I will take a lot of photos so I can get one that shows it off just right.

Got a call from Oz, who finished training at Crowder last month. He just got back in with his finisher and got his first truck, a very old one (330k+ miles on it) that is a month or two at most away from being traded in. It is in the shop to get some things fixed and the interior detailed, then he's off next week for some real fun on his own. His buddy Gary, also from Crowder, apparently got a truck in Florida that was fairly well trashed, at least inside. I want to hear all the nitty-gritty details, man!