Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Back to... you guessed it...

LAREDO! My least favorite destination in the whole wide world of trucking! This Friday, like two of the past three Fridays, I will be arriving in Laredo to deliver yet another load. This time it is plastic HVAC parts for automobiles going to be installed into cars in Mexico. The load itself is very light: despite filling my trailer from nose to tail, the total weight only comes to 5,200 lbs.

I got the dispatch late this morning. First, to run from Grand Rapids, MI to Brighton, MI, then pick up and take the load to Laredo. The total miles are good (115 deadhead, almost 1,600 for the main part of the trip) it means I have to, yet again, make the run down I-35. Not to mention back up with a northbound load, I assume. Better than sitting, I suppose.

Tonight's rest stop is in the middle part of Indiana near where I lived for a time. The weather is hot and humid, with thunderstorms and lightning in the distance to the west.

Blaze was stretched out most of the day between the two front seats, relishing the warm temps and heat coming up from the engine. I move her food dish back behind to give her more area to stretch out and she likes to lay there all day.