Tuesday, April 3, 2007

New Columbia, PA

I made the relay earlier in Ohio and ran the load out to Pennsylvania as ordered. I arrived at 8 PM, two hours ahead of schedule due to receiving the load an hour early and not stopping along the way. Traffic helped, too.

The Conway operation here is gigantic. I was told to park at door 180 which is down near the far end of their giant sorting building. Yes, they have space for about 200 trailers backed up to one building. I watched a newer driver from the trucking company CRST try to back into a door about 100 feet away. It wasn't pleasant.

Weather was very windy back in Ohio but as the day progressed it got up into the low 80's and the winds died down. Not a drop of rain to help clean off my muddy, bug-splattered truck.

I was told to have the fuel filters changed today and I did... I just wish someone had let me know a bit sooner, as I could have had it done yesterday when I had the trailer lights fixed and saved time.