Saturday, April 21, 2007

Diagnosis: Terminal

Apparently, I am destined to move cargo from terminal to terminal for now. My number hit the top of the board right after I got back from lunch and the only real choice offered was to take a load from Laredo and deliver it tomorrow at our West Memphis, Arkansas terminal. About 850 miles total.

Our Lancaster terminal is roughly halfway between my start and end point so I decided to drive there today then finish up the rest tomorrow. I arrived just after 8 PM, got some dinner and resupplied the truck at Wal-Mart. The air is very humid and in the low 70's so I've opened one of the side doors (there is one at the foot and head of the bunk area in this model truck) to let the breeze in. This sparked immense curiosity from Her Royal Highness, naturally.

The bill of lading says I'm carrying 33,000 pounds of something, but according to the way my truck drives I doubt its more than 25,000. I'm going to use the scale here in the morning before I go if I think of it to find out how much it is.

I'm supposed to fill my truck tanks when I'm at a terminal, which I did in Laredo. Since I have enough fuel to reach West Memphis without adding any more on, I will save my time and the extra weight of the fuel I'd simply be hauling there.