Monday, April 16, 2007

Back in the saddle... again

After a long weekend off, I got back on the board this morning, 16th in line for a load. By noon it was my turn and I was called in to choose from three loads going to Kansas, one to northern Missouri and the other to Davenport, Iowa.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from the last trip through Kansas (beer aftertaste, just from delivering?) so it was between MO and IA. Since the Iowa load would have most likely been followed by a John Deere relay load I chose to head up to Columbia, Missouri for a 9 AM delivery tomorrow.

The preferred route would have taken me through the middle of the state but I'm not a fan of it... the highways are one and two lane, twisty and there are a number of small cities along the way. Instead, I went north to Kansas City then hung a right on to I-70 to MM 121 where I am tonight at a large independent truckstop.