Thursday, March 22, 2007

San Marcos, where art thou?

So I arrive last night in San Antonio, TX to drop off a load of 41,000 pounds of starch to the H.E.B. distribution center. I got assigned a door right away and they had me in and out in 30 minutes, close to a miracle in the land of food warehouses. As I was leaving to head to the closest truck stop for the night I put in my empty call.

About an hour later I get a planned dispatch for a 50 mile deadhead to San Marcos, TX. Looking closer, this isn't for a load -- someone on the trip planning staff figured my requested home time in San Marcos, California had morphed to Texas! After calling in and having it corrected, I went off to bed... only to be awoken this morning to another planned dispatch... deadheading to San Marcos, TX for more time at home!

I messaged back a pithy comment and now the fleet manager is on it. I am dispatched to Laredo, TX, my favorite terminal. Not.

Now the low miles for this past week (barely 1,000) are explained. All this time I was bopping around the midwest was to set me up for hometime in Texas, I guess. Hopefully the next week will make up for this poor one, as we get paid every other week so having one off week doesn't necessarily blow a paycheck.